Recruiting the right people
Guidelines for Good Human Resource Management
- Each of the groups within the company speak a different language.
- Learn these ‘languages’. You can’t solve their problems if you don’t understand them
- Write the business plan with the help of others who will have to communicate regularly with each other in order to achieve planned goals.
- Know what you want to accomplish and show that the plan can help to achieve these goals
- The greatest generator of support for the plan is through respect for other peoples opinions. This is best shown through the sharing the plan with them (the plan does not belong to any one person, it belongs to the business)
- The management team needs to know that they have effective input to the planning process and that each of the functions of the business has been given reasonable goals.
- More specifically, management wants to avoid errors, loss and waste; to make good use of resources, make a profit and have a high return on investment.
- Each of the stakeholders to the plan have different worries all these anxieties should be addressed by the planner.
How to win support from key people
|Group||Interests, viewpoints, fears and goals||Action plan to win support|
|Board of Directors|
Use this format to better understand your key people and what interest them the most. Construct an action plan that will allow to fill these interests. Align the personal goals of the individuals with those of the company to ensure motivation of the work force.